1000 years from now? Will I even care then as little as I do now?

Professor Tim Flannery: "if we cut emissions today global temperatures are not likely to drop for about 1000 years".

So you're telling me that if we completely stopped causing the problem, today, it would take 1000 years for the problem to fix itself?

I laughed so hard that my triple-thick peanut butter and bacon latte smoothy shot out of my nose. Why on Earth should I care about stopping destroying the planet if the destruction that I've already done (which I probably haven't and anyone who says I have is a liar) will last another 1000 years? It only makes sense to me that I should keep on doing what I'm doing (which is not causing a problem), because if I've already caused a problem (which I haven't), it's too late, and I might as well continue making it even worse for as long as I can.

It's like this: If we blew up the planet, it would take billions of years for it to form and return to a viable state. Who cares what happens after a billion years?! Al Gore?! Since it takes so long to fix the problem, I don't see how it could matter whether or not we try to stop the problem. Whether or not we blow up the world now, it won't even matter in a billion years. The only people who care are the scientists, who care more about their precious environment than they do about the economy, but only because they can keep scamming congress for grant money by saying that blowing up the world is so terribly bad, even though it doesn't even make a difference.

...

Often I'll get into a debate with some Global Warmmunists on topics like these, and as predictably as the lottery, they'll always try to bring up logic as a part of their argument. As if logic proves anything about one side or the other! You just know that someone's lost an argument if they're so desperate and run out of opinions that they have to turn to logic as a last-ditch effort at salvation.

The way I see it, if you need to think about your side of the argument, it's probably wrong. My side just makes sense. I don't have to waste a second thinking about anything. How could anyone trying to use logic and other trickery have a chance standing up against something that you already know sounds right?

Ahhh... what stupid idiots everyone is.

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.